Saturday, July 31, 2010

It doesn't stop

Apparently, parents save up those awful, annoying things that we do as kids. Then, when we're adults, they reimagine those things into something even worse. My mother is a champ at this. First of all, she is TRULY relentless with the telephone. If I do not answer the phone, she will call the cell. If I don't answer that, she calls the house again. Believe me -- this is VERY annoying when I'm in the shower or otherwise using the bathroom.
Today was payback for "are we there yet". They were coming to pick me up. I got sidetracked weeding the yard, and when she called and asked if I was ready, I asked her to give me 10 minutes. I was getting into the shower 2 minutes later when the phone rang again (I have ident-a-ring, so yes, I know who it was!). I got into the shower. The cell phone rang. I let that go, too.
I asked for ten minutes. This does NOT mean that you call every two minutes and ask if I'm ready yet. In the time it takes to answer the phone and tell you my status, I could be making more progress in getting ready. Okay. I feel better now. Thanks.